[AT] Transmission for tractor hauling truck

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Wed Apr 4 18:31:26 PDT 2007

At 11:01 AM 4/4/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>That is correct a 400 case is a 400 case
>   The 2wd vs 4wd is only the tailshaft extension and output shaft
> everything else is the same

  There is a difference in the flywheel covers, also on the newer ones.
They use a cast aluminum cover and the flange on the trans case is beefier.
It takes real bolts to hold it instead of sheet metal screws. I've drilled
and tapped thin cases enough to hold the cover on but there isn't much
holding. What happened to your case? Broke? Wore out in center support?
             Doug Tallman
VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director
       Greenwich, Ohio, USA