[AT] Transmission for tractor hauling truck

Jeff Pilbeam pilbeam100 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 11:01:17 PDT 2007

That is correct a 400 case is a 400 case
  The 2wd vs 4wd is only the tailshaft extension and output shaft everything else is the same

"Snelling, Wayne K" <wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu> wrote:
  Charles: I believe that the only difference in a 4x4 case and regular
case is the bolt on extension (tail) housing and tail shaft. If you have
a good rear housing then just get a 400 turbo, rebuild it with you 4x4
parts (because the back tail shaft is different) and you should be good
as ...well, any rebuilt tranny is.

Wayne Snelling
Assistant Professor
Computer Information Systems