[Farmall] Re.Farmall A Questions

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Wed Sep 20 05:30:20 PDT 2006

Warren,
Didn't see any other replies to this, so thought I would throw in my comments.  The C flywheel was the same as the one used on later A's that had a starter.  It should work in your A.  Or, you should be able to use the original A flywheel on the C engine.  The C probably has a graphite throwout bearing (no real bearing in it).  This bearing can be installed in the A but you can use the throwout bearing (real bearing) already in the A with the clutch.

When you get to the other end of the engine, you will probably need to reuse the water outlet/fan bracket from the A to match the hose size of the A radiator.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net