[Farmall] Starter probms

Michael Dixon mpmbd at yadtel.net
Mon Sep 18 14:42:26 PDT 2006

The A and 140 are equally susceptible to this problem. So one must assume
that the B and C would be also. I no longer walk home for tools, I carry a
wrench for the starter bolts with me. Loosening and wiggling the starter
1/16" will permit the Bendix  to snap back, assuming that it is functioning
correctly. I do disagree with the rocking FORWARD. That jams the
starter/ring gear tighter. Highest gear, clutch engaged, push or tow it
BACKWARD to release the jam.