[Farmall] Low water, high oil

bsdunek at charter.net bsdunek at charter.net
Sun Oct 15 05:04:00 PDT 2006

Dad's '48 M did the same thing for 40 years.  Even combining in 100deg weather, the temp gage would hardly get above the cold mark.  Then, just cause it was old, I put in a new thermostat.  After that the temp runs more in the center of the gage.  I don't think the original thermostat was ever any good.

One problem is, especially with light loads we run on our toys, is that the oil never warms up much.  This means it doesn't get rid of the water and acids that build up, which is detremental to the engine.

Bruce