[AT] soldering

Bill "Bear" Hood mmman at netscape.com
Tue Oct 24 17:59:03 PDT 2006

I am late on this thread but you could ask any electric motor shop or starter alternator shop and they will have cans of rosin flux for electric/electronics usage.  I have a good friend who runs a one man motor rebuild/rewind/repair shop, as did his father before him,  and he buys the old yellow cans with green print by the case and I just tell him I need to steal another can.

I keep several of these around the shops along with acid flux and silver solder fluxes of various storts.  I don't think my plumbing joints are near as good now as they were with "real" lead solder.  Yes, the smell of hot resin flux is a good memory maker--just smells like something acomplished.

Bear
Live every day of your life like a three year old.  Get down in the dirt with it, roll in it and smile a lot.  Bear