[Farmall] Farmall H rear tire mounting process.

Kevin Bish krsky at alltel.net
Tue Oct 3 07:05:13 PDT 2006

Danny, I use a nylon sling or "choker" to help me put a rim and tire back
onto the cast wheel hub. I turn the recessed area of the cast wheel hub to
the top, and then put a nylon sling around the rim and tire. There is a rim
lock I guess you would call it on the rim, that fits in the recessed area of
the cast wheel hub. I have this area of the rim turned to the top also, and
choke the sling in the center of the rim lock. I have a engine crane used
for pulling engines out of a car or truck, and that is what I use to help me
put rims and tires back onto a tractor. I have found that the nylon sling is
thin enough to be able to get it out from between the rim and cast wheel
hub, once they are mounted together again. One note of caution, make sure
that the sling capacity is enough to lift the rim and tire safely,
especially if the tries has fluid in it. Once you have the rim centered on
the cast wheel hub, you can put the wedge locks for the rim back on and
start tightening them up.  This is just a suggestion, and maybe an easier
way to mount your rim and tire. Kevin.