[AT] Cub--shouldn't have broken my resolution....

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sun Nov 12 20:34:00 PST 2006

John,

The reported results of compression tests are usually rather murky, due to
the many variables.  75# isn't real great but it should run OK.

Since you haven't had custody of the tractor for very long, the best
explanation I can come up with for the oil in the radiator is vandalism or
operator mistake.  It's pretty hard to get oil into the coolant in a flat
head engine that doesn't have a cracked cylinder.

I hope you pre-mixed the anti-freeze and water before adding it to the
radiator.  Thermo-siphon systems don't do a good job of mixing them, if at
all.

Filling the oil filter could account for the 1/2 qt. of oil.

Are you sure your plug wires are in the right order?

Too bad you are so far away from Ohio... the Willer Home for Elderly Cubs
has an opening.  There are currently 13 residents.

George Willer