[AT] Cub--shouldn't have broken my resolution....

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Sun Nov 12 22:19:33 PST 2006

Hi George!  Well I did fail to premix the antifreeze.  The thing is,
the radiator had been drained for several years before I got the
Cub.  I just drained the old oil and added fresh, then filled the
radiator.  I put in about 2 1/4 gallons coolant total.  Earlier, when
I had the head off I got a good look at the cylinders as I mic'ed
them all to determine if I needed oversize rings.  I didn't so I left
the pistons alone.  Didn't see any crack.  So how in the world could
oil get from the crankcase into the cooling system---and no coolant
get in the crankcase oil????    The less troublesome question is why
don't cylnders 1 and 2 fire.  I figure there's a mouse nest in the
front part of the manifold or some kind of hole burnt between the
intake tube and exhaust tube.  Ever hear of that happening with a
Cub?    Thanks for your moral support!   John

At 08:34 PM 11/12/2006, you wrote:
>gwill at toast.net

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon