[Farmall] IH 2000 loader vs 2001 loader

Greg Whittaker corley5 at forestryforum.com
Thu May 11 05:24:09 PDT 2006

I was hoping to put the 2000 loader on our new to us 706 but now I'm sure it
won't work with the cab on the tractor.  I did purchase the loader before
the 706 came along though and the plan was to put it on a wide front M we
have that has power steering and run it with a Charlynn PTO hydraulic pump.
The hydraulics wouldn't be live but it should work.  The 2001 loader came
along a few days ago.  It was a deal I coudn't pass up at 100 bucks.  It
needs some welding where the bucket cylinder attaches to the loader frame
but is otherwise in very good shape.  The bucket is homemade and doesn't
amount to much but the plan is to use it exclusively with a bale spear
anyway.  I've got an H with a live hydraulic pump driven off the timing
gears and reservior.  It has an old 30(?) loader on it.  The tractor itself
hasn't ran in years but the hydraulic components appear good including clean
looking fluid.  So a swap of this stuff to another H and I should have a
good system.  We could also put it on the 300 which already has live
hydraulics but it's Dad's favorite hay raking tractor.  Something I hadn't
considered was putting it on the 240 Farmall but that maybe an option also
since you mentioned putting one your 340 Mike.  The 240 has live hydrualics
but would they be powerful enough?  Lots of options, little time or money
but plenty of iron to work with.

Thanks,
Greg W.