[Farmall] IH 2000 loader vs 2001 loader

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu May 11 15:28:31 PDT 2006

Everything that Greg Hass wrote about the loaders is generally true. IH
provided "installation kits" for different tractors. I am in the middle
of trying to install a 2001 loader that was "farmer modified" to mount
on a Farmall 340. While it looks like it would fit, my 340 doesn't have
power steering, and the mounting plates interfere with the radiator side
panels. So I am going to cut the ugly welded mounting plates off the
loader frame and work up something to mount the loader on my 560. Some
of my efforts to date can be seen at:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/tractor_loaders/>

The only comment I would make is that it is possible to mount a wider
bucket on a 2001 or 1701 loader, as I had a 6' bucket on a 1701 that I
had on a 706, and it worked very well. I really don't think that it
makes any functional difference whether you have a 2000 or 2001, except
that the mounting for the single cylinder seems to take more of a
beating than if the load is spread out between two mounts.

I would say that the biggest problem will be fabricating new mounting
plates and having only limited hydraulics from the H/M. I suspect that
they will be slow and not able to lift the rated 2000 lbs.

Mike

Greg Whittaker wrote:
> What's the difference in them?  I was told that the 2000 was for the six
> cylinder tractors and the 2001 was for the 4 cylinder machines.  I just got
> a 2001 that came factory on a Farmall 504.  I want to put it on an H or a
> 300 Farmall.  It has a sticker still visible that says subframe for F504.
> I've got a 2000 that I haven't picked up yet that I planned on mounting on
> an M widefront I have.  Will they work for my intended applications?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg W.

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
- Edward R. Murrow, journalist (1908-1965)