[Farmall] IH 2000 loader vs 2001 loader

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Thu May 11 09:31:18 PDT 2006

As to mounting them, I can't help you. As for differences, there are some.
The 2000 loader was considered the heavy duty loader. We have owned a
couple over the years. The main differences are the 2000 loader has 2 dump
cylinders, one on  each side of the bucket, the 2001 loader has only one
dump cylinder located in the middle of the bucket. On the 2000 loader the
lift arms and the dump cylinders fasren to the back of the bucket allowing
you to use any width bucket you chose. The bucket for the 2001 loader
mounts between the lift arms which seems to restrict the size of the bucket
to the distance between the lift arms. Because the 2001 loader arms fasten
to the side of the bucket, to avoid the box beam getting in the way, the
last two or three feet of the lift arms is heavy strap iron. Both loaders
lift 2000 lbs. with double acting cylinders, 1300 lbs. with single acting
cylinders. Will these loaders work for you? Yes and maybe. My worry is do
the tractors you plan to use have enough hydraulic pressure to lift the
proper amount. No matter what the pressure, they will lift the loader but
with how much of a load? As you know, lift is cylinder size times pump
pressure. I'm sure the lift on these loaders was when mounted on tractors
of the time; 504,706,606,etc. I'm sure someone on the list smarter than me
could tell you the hydraulic pressure of the various tractors. Another
option would be an extra pump such as a front mount. I know that a couple
of times we hooked our 340 to an implement an it would not lift it, however
the 574 had no problem. Source of information, personal experience, and a
product book from IH during the years the 504 and 706 was made. Included in
this book was a section on these loaders.
Greg Hass
Bad Axe, Michigan