[Farmall] Re: Farmall-related story

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 11:40:57 PST 2006

If I were hauling people around a ski resort I would
worry about brakes to.  Like you said, traction is the
big problem and I bet slick spots are all over.
People are heavy and stopping a wagon full of them
could be a problem.  If I were hauling people I would
figure on 200lb/person.  This is probably conservative
but I wouldn't want to have an accident because i
couldn't stop.  This is a good topic for us to think
about when pulling shuttles at the old iron shows this
year.

--- bsdunek at ismi.net wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> I don't know why stock brakes on an H should be any
> problem, so long
> as they're maintained.  After all, we hauled big hay
> and grain wagons
> with these tractors in the '50's with no problem.
> These wagons,
> loaded, could easily go two tons, sometimes more.
> An H  that can
> handle that can easily handle a light wagon with
> people.
>
> For fun, try a two ton wagon behind a Ford Ferguson,
> going down a
> grassy hill, on a dewy morning.  Brakes can be
> great, but traction is
> nil. Now that will get the heart pumping!
>
> Bruce

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN