[Steam-engine] Hand valve preference

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Tue Mar 28 09:04:45 PST 2006

I've used gate valves on my injectors for my engine and the only thing I
found is that they have a tendancy to leak on the steam supply side. That
causes the injectors to get hot and makes them fussy. I've been wanting to
change to globe valves to see if they're any better. I know the shut off
valve that supplies steam to the engine is a globe valve and it seals real
nice.
Andrew.

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com