[AT] Waaay OT

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Mar 12 08:35:04 PST 2006

The problem is not the phones, it's the folks using them.  Missing a phone
call between the hours of 8 am and 7 pm can litterally cost me several
hundred dollars in income.  I keep mine on all the time. Even in meetings
and places where I'm told not to use it but I have the good  sense to put it
on VIBRATE instead of ring.  I don't answer in the meeting or restricted
area.  I get up and walk out if I can without disturbing others.  If I can't
then I just pay the price.

I also don't leave it on in hospitals or other places where having it on
might endanger someone no matter what it costs me.   Even though it costs me
money not to have mine on, it is not as critical as it is for doctors,
police detectives and other emergency folks.  Cell phones them as well as
folks like me to make a living and still have a life.  It's a few idiots
chatting with their friends that cause the problems.  Blame them not the
phones or those of us that have a critical need for them.

Charlie