[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Fri Mar 10 14:04:45 PST 2006

Walt,
   When you start a conversation that states "You live in a dream world"
you are coming across pretty strong. You've overlooked a few things
about some of your statements, and used a brick to punctuate it.
    When I was growing up (albeit a bit later than some folks on the
list), the old cars and trucks (Chevy's, Ford's, International's, no
experience with Caddy's from that era) from the 40's and 50's in the
area had heaters. You may have grown up in a temperate part of
California, but in places where the temperature dips below -40 on a
regular occasion (eastern Montana), NOT having a heater is a very poor
idea... so they had them. Same with radios to get the weather reports...
a good idea whose time had come for many folks.

In summary, stating that we lived in a dream world if we had a heater
might be overstating things a bit. I personally didn't want to freeze my
butt off, whether it was a 6 volt system or not.

So relax a bit. Send some rain my direction. :) We're here to talk about
tractors. I'm going to try hauling my Case DV to a show tomorrow since
our spring (for some reason I now live in the Phoenix area) is about
over and summer is about to land on us like an incoming meteor.

Ken in AZ