[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Mar 10 13:51:49 PST 2006

:-)  I'm doing my part.  I got out this morning and cut up a tree that
last night's winds knocked down.  I'm beat!  But I had two tractors and
the log splitter out besides the chain saw.  Ran through three chains
today, and I have the shop filled with customer's equipment to tune up
for spring.

This has been a good week.  I got a "green light" from the
ophthalmologist
on Tuesday.  The laser surgery was successful, no glaucoma, no eye drops
needed, no change in glasses prescription.  I got another "green light"
from my proctologist on Wednesday.  You know what that's all about.  His
only complaint is that I'm apparently eating too much popcorn from Rural
King.  Got another green light from the dentist yesterday.  No cavities,
no problems, come back in six months.

Hey, all's right with the world regardless of whether the curmudgeons
among us think otherwise -- and I'm not just referring to this thread.
I have coffee every afternoon with a local curmudgeon.  He's been a
friend for nearly 30 years, so I understand it when he wants to rewrite
history, thinks the Great Depression never ended, thinks he
single-handedly won WWII (in the Navy, no less), participates in old-age
hording (he's on a first name basis with all the women who hand out free
samples at Sam's Club), and thinks his grandchildren don't appreciate
him.

I'm off to a Big Band gig with my wife.  She plays First Tenor Sax.
They let me play the Maracas on the Latin numbers.  :-)

Larry