[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Thu Mar 9 10:12:16 PST 2006

Precisely, Will. Years ago I helped a friend do this in a Jeep.
He went to a store that sold Exide batteries and got the 8Volt
battery. Then they also sold him the dropping resistor to go
along with it (wish I knew that part number or resistance
value/wattage). I only remember that it was a rather large
wirewound resistor with a brown, shiny ceramic coating and
a mounting tab. We wired it up and adjusted the voltage regulator
to about 9.6 Volts output. Worked like a champ.

Phil