[AT] GM Flex Fuel vehicles

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Mon Jul 31 11:03:20 PDT 2006

Charlie,
My suspicion is that the computer has a different load in it, mainly to
keep the injectors open about 20% longer than the gas version. The only
other thing i could possibly envision is that the injectors are a
different rating (lbs. of fuel/hour). The need is there since E85 doesen't
have as many BTU/gal. as gasoline, much like propane. I sure would be
interested in finding out for sure.
You might want to ask the service manager at your dealer if he can tell you.

Phil