[AT] GM Flex Fuel vehicles

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Jul 31 08:35:04 PDT 2006

I have a question for the resident GM experts.

I have a 2006 GMC sierra pickup.  That same truck and same engine are
available in a Flex Fuel (E85) version.   I have no plan on trying to switch
mine but I'm curious about the mechanical differences in the two engines.
Obviously the computers are set up different but does anyone know what else
is different about them?

Seems to me that since GM makes them both ways it should be possible to
change the gas setup to flex fuel with off the shelf parts.
It would probably cost too much and right now it wouldn't make much sense to
do it anyway.  I'm just curious about the process.

Charlie