[AT] A long shot--Wisconsin part

Richard Fink Sr nancydick at pennswoods.net
Sat Jul 1 05:33:25 PDT 2006

Mike would a motor block on say a tractor be cast iron? Or cast steel. I
welded one a little while back and due to the place it needed welded i
could not get in with nie rod. I ground it out in a V [ grinding was dark
red]and tried some thing new to me. Turned my mig up highest setting.
Welded it and it appeared to weld in very good it was just mild steel wire.
As you know i am no welder but can stick things together now and then. And
i have never used any thing except borax as a flux on bare brass welding wire.
R Fink
PA