[AT] A long shot--Wisconsin part

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 1 04:15:56 PDT 2006

I had a really large and really greasy transmission housing to weld up this
past winter. I sent it to an automotive machine shop so it could be cleaned
in their vat. For preheating I used a kerosene "torpedo" heater followed by
a rosebud. You could still see oil bubbling up in places. Then again this
casting was of very poor quality. I'd start welding and the smallest of
cracks would turn into a large void.

John Hall