[AT] JD Model 4C plow

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 21 04:16:31 PST 2006

Another reason; my Dad told me several times that his Grandparents (and many
others) came over from Germany (1860's) to escape conscription (mandatory
military service).   I did a brief check and Germany was at war much of the
time that part of the century.  The same situation was probably true in much
of Europe.   During a two week tour of south central Germany (1997?) we
again realized that most of the wars involved religion.
And one other reason; ancestors of good friends of ours came over from
England to escape debtors prison.
Herb