[AJD] Light mounting on 39 hand start B

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 20:35:10 PST 2006

I agree with J.R's info, except I don't (quickly) find his breakdown of
AB1824R and AB2547R numbers.  Out of curiosity, J.R., where did you find
those breakdowns?  I looked at a couple of price lists for the numbers I did
find.

I can add one thing - indeed the K-W lighting kit was available, and if
anyone has the JD Model B Photo Archive by Letourneau, p.85 shows a pix of a
'39B with a K-W outfit plowing.  Problem is the pix was taken at night so
the light doens't show very well, but the light bracket over the front of
the hood and part of the generator can be seen - parts illustrated in 49-R.

Just got in from the shop - spent two hours getting a new needle and seat to
hold fuel..... why can't they make these things right???  They just get
worse as time goes on.  I pull a vacuum on every one to ensure they seal -
now it is up to about half that don't until I work on them.

Duane Larson