[Farmall] 574 PTO

Timothy Wafer tsandwf at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 2 16:21:32 PST 2006

Greg

Below your brothers 540 shaft I believe you will see a blank cover. On
yous, that is where the 1000 PTO shaft would stick out. Under his cover
there is a shaft but it is shorter and does not protrude through the
cover with the splined end. The 540 shaft is driven off this shaft by an
idler gear in either case. The clutch pack is on the lower shaft, which
turns 1000 RPM.

The only difference in the lower shafts is the overall length and one
sticks out with the splined end on it. I want to just swap the lower
shaft for the longer one that protrudes along with a different cover
plate with a hole and oil seal, which I also bought.

Tim