[Farmall] 574 PTO

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Mon Jan 2 15:45:51 PST 2006

I don't have the answer to your question, but I am a little confused about
a couple of things.  My brother and I each own a 574.  His is 540 rpm
only.  Mine is 540 rpm amd a 1000 rpm shaft on the bottom.  Maybe I'm
reading your post wrong, but it almost sounds like you are trying to put
the 1000 rpm shaft in where the 540 rpm shaft is.  I cannot see where that
would work.  On mine both shafts run at the same time with the same control
lever.  I have not had it apart, but it appears that one shaft runs the
other.  Although I do not know which saft the clutch pack is on, I guess I
just assumed it was on the 540 rpm shaft because mine and my brother's
appear the same and he only has 540 rpm.  If anyone knows, please enlighten
me on the hookup of these shafts.

Greg Hass
In the Tip of Michigan's Thumb