[Farmall] BASIC implement questions

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Sun Feb 26 21:07:44 PST 2006

Although they plow fairly deep, I have heard that disc plows leave a good
share of the trash sticking up.  This, supposedly, is why they were more
popular in the more arid parts of the country.  This is for two reasons,
the first being that the trash helps slow down the wind and prevent wind
erosion, and the second being that it helps shade the ground and prevent
evaporation of the moisture.  It does not sound like the best thing for a
garden.  I have never personally seen one operate, so I cannot say for
sure, but it is worht looking into and thinking about.  Perhaps someone on
the list who has actually seen one used can settle the question.  Let us
know how you make out.

Greg Hass
Bad Axe
from the tip of Michigan's Thumb