[AT] OT-JD, now sheep

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 20 09:31:38 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Herbert Metz" <metz-h.b at mindspring.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] OT-JD, now sheep

  Dad had several good reasons, the one I
> remember was they were the only animal that would not always claim their
> newborn.
> Maybe some list member is better informed of the above saying; hope so,
> because I do not know.
> Herb

I can't comment much on sheep but I have had more than my share of cows that
had no interest at all in their calves. In fact I recall one that did her
best to kill the calf with her horns. After a bit of persuasiion and a day
or so of work she eventually became a very good mother cow and needed no
further intervention. Raised a good calf too.
There was one other one that never learned and I guess its my own fault that
I gave her three chances to redeem herself.   I can still recall the relief
when I finally got this wild animal loaded onto a trailer headed for the
auction mart. I'd have gladly given her away for free.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/