[AT] OT-JD, now sheep

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Feb 20 06:49:48 PST 2006

On 20 Feb 2006 at 8:28, Herbert Metz wrote:

> Cecil
> Good to know that your fathers injuries were limited to a sore knee.
> Do not know you opinion on sheep.   Although Dad was very tolerant toward
> animals, I do remember his infrequent comments that sheep had to be the
> dumbest of all animals.  "When I was knee high to a grasshopper" we had 50
> to 75 sheep for several years.  Dad never regretted the decision of
> discontinuing sheep ranching.   Dad had several good reasons, the one I
> remember was they were the only animal that would not always claim their
> newborn.
> Maybe some list member is better informed of the above saying; hope so,
> because I do not know.
> Herb

	Hi Herb:

	At the peak of our sheep raising days Diana and I were keeping 80 ewes.
That was a huge flock for this part of the midwest, as far as I know the largest
in our county or nearby counties . While we generally enjoyed raising them I
used to often speak of having 80 sheep, all sharing one brain cell...   :-)

	Of course only the rams were of any danger and as long as we didn't buy
any rams that had been raised as pets they were no real problem. The secret is
 to keep the ram terrified of people.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net