[AT] Tulare Farm Show

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Wed Feb 15 06:42:23 PST 2006

This show claims to be the biggest farm show in the world. After being there
yesterday, I believe it. The only way to see it all in one day is to use a
motorized cart. There is no way to describe what's there, but what I found
interesting there on display were Ford 4000-5000 series tractors, like 1970
vintage but new imports. Same blue-grey color scheme. I couldn't find anyone
who knew anything about them, but they had to be Korean of Chinese. You'd
think maybe they purchased the patent or copy rights?  I was really looking
for a new disc.  There was an import from Brazil I really liked until I
found the quality of their steel isn't the best, but prices started at
$35,000. The Rome discs started at $45K.
The best part of yesterday was the ride of a lifetime. Tulare from here is a
6 to 7 hour drive.  It took 32 minutes in a Gates Lear 35a. That just blew
me away.

Dave