[AT] Cat 8T 12 Grader

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 15:04:16 PST 2006

>From that description, it's a Cat pump all right.  I drove by on my way home, the only lettering on blade is cast into each side, above the angle brace, and says something like ExCxxD, can't read it without a wire brush.  Maybe EUCLID?  The only letter I'm sure of is the E, the C and D could be nearly any "round" letter, it's all caps.

Between Dad, my sons and I, we have probably put 200-300 hours on it, but the tracks were only marginal when he got it.  When backing up, it would occasionally jump off the idlers, but you could back over a stick of stove wood and get them back on.  We have too many hils for a machine that needs flat ground. I don't know track parts, but there are holes in the "tubes" that the track pins that enguage the sprocket.  The first time we adjusted the track, we ran out of threads on the adjusters.  Dad didn't know what he was buying, after the flood, he just needed something ASAP.  Considering the use it's had in the 12 or so years, it's paid for itself anyway.

I suspect it has the small front idler, I had heard of that before.  I think it may have been a pulling tractor, because the blade counter weight was added just before we bought it.  It has a swinging drawbar too, maybe another clue.   But, the pump and blade plumbing look like they have been there at least thru one repaint.

Len Rugen

--0-1174746225-1139958256=:47821

<DIV>From that description, it's a Cat pump all right.  I drove by on my way home, the only lettering on blade is cast into each side, above the angle brace, and says something like ExCxxD, can't read it without a wire brush.  Maybe EUCLID?  The only letter I'm sure of is the E, the C and D could be nearly any "round" letter, it's all caps.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Between Dad, my sons and I, we have probably put 200-300 hours on it, but the tracks were only marginal when he got it.  When backing up, it would occasionally jump off the idlers, but you could back over a stick of stove wood and get them back on.  We have too many hils for a machine that needs flat ground. I don't know track parts, but there are holes in the "tubes" that the track pins that enguage the sprocket.  The first time we adjusted the track, we ran out of threads on the adjusters.  Dad didn't know what he was buying, after the flood, he just needed something ASAP.  Considering the use it's had in the 12 or so years, it's paid for itself anyway.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I suspect it has the small front idler, I had heard of that before.  I think it may have been a pulling tractor, because the blade counter weight was added just before we bought it.  It has a swinging drawbar too, maybe another clue.   But, the pump and blade plumbing look like they have been there at least thru one repaint.  <BR> </DIV>Len Rugen<BR>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif">
<DIV><BR><BR><BR>