[AT] Cat 8T 12 Grader

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 12:38:39 PST 2006

We ran it several times last year, but probably not since August or
September.  I took the seats to the shed for the winter, so haven't ran it
since then.  The warm weather has had me thinking about starting it, driving
it to the shop and changing the oil.  The last time I ran it, I lost the
radiator cap.  I replaced it from a cat dealer, but it's not yellow any more
:-(.

It has a front mounted hydralic pump, how would I tell which blade it has?
Maybe I'll take pictures.  Do you really mean angle or tilt?  Right now, I
can't think of there is a mechanism for angling the blade, there isn't a
center pivot, but maybe the arms have a length option.  It has a turn buckle
on each side for tilt.

> Len
>
> the engines are quite a bit different.............and even D2 engines can
> be
> different between the D2 models made.......You should not have trouble
> selling your D2 though, depending on how it is equipped........if you have
> an original Cat angle blade on the machine, it is quite valuable.  The
> earlier blades, like the LaPlant-Choate, are not in such demand.  If it
> has
> been sitting for a while, you should pull start and run it to prevent the
> steering clutches from locking up............They are labor, and cost,
> intensive to repair.

---