[Farmall] when is "too far gone"?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Dec 28 14:26:11 PST 2006

Based on my own experience, I would suggest the time to make that
determination is when the tractor is worth more in parts than as a whole
machine. When wheel weights are going for $100 each, radiators $300+, a
good head maybe $200, a drawbar $50, and so on, it doesn't take long for
the parts value to add up quickly. A good front axle on a 340U is
probably worth over $200, and a decent power steering unit for the same
machine at least that much.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Half of the harm that is done in this world is due to people who
want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm but the harm
does not interest them. -T.S. Eliot, poet (1888-1965)