[AT] 3 pt. hitch backhoe

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 08:54:59 PST 2006

I just happened to be looking at backhoe options when this came up.  From what I've read, the hoe doesn't just pin up like any other implement, you need to add a high strength top link, pins and a stabalizer that "locks" the 3 pt's up/down action.  See http://www.woodsequipment.com/Manuals/manuals/SubFrames/MAN0472.pdf for an example.

We looked at a Kubota L35 TLB, it looked like you could drop that hoe without getting out of the seat.  But you had to remove the 3 pt arms before you could attach the hoe.  I think later models have a place to store the 3 pt arms on the tractor.  We decided that for now, a landscaper was all we can justify, if we need a hoe, we'll rent.