[AT] 3pt hoes

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 28 08:11:10 PST 2006

IH 400 series tractor, and it worked out very well
for them  - cleaning ditches and creek bottoms, not doing foundation
work in rocky soil.

Mike

Now the 400 more than likley had a fast hitch with down pressure.
And the Fords do not, so what is the 3pt going to do when you lower the stabilizes ? Seems to me it would want to raise the 3 pt as they float up. Reach and get one of the 3pt arms and lift it up.
I would try to mount the hoe solid to the tractorframe or make brackets to do this.
If I were going to do this I would install the hoe permantly to the tractor. Surley you have another tractor to do your other jobs with, didnt you say you have a WD 45 allis ? You can find hydraulic pumps that will either run off the PTO or off the front crankshaft of the engine.
If you need more push.
Just my opinion, and everyone has a different one. I think you have found yourself a nice Ford tractor for the hoe.
I would go back to the dealer and offer them 2500 or less cant hurt anything by trying.
Talk like the tach is not working and you know it has at least 6500 hours on it may have 12000. Will he garantee it for 90 days ? ( oh Ya)
And what it would cost to overhaul the engine. Jew him if ya can, you know they got it in on trade so likley they dont have much in it. Run it around in the daylight until it is warmed up good, and watch the oil pressure, and crankcase breather for excsive blowby.
Kevin