[Farmall] Old iron - missing the point?

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 08:04:49 PST 2006

JN-
  While I am not selling my LoBoy, there are many Cubs and "8n"-types  around here.  I would think, however, that Rochester, New York is  too far from Vermont to suit your "kid brother".
  Maybe a 154 (or so) would be a good match if the deck was in the 60"  range.  Much smaller will make for very long mowing days if he is  cutting all of the 11 acres.  I use belly-mounted 60" decks and  (for the fields) I have a 72" rear finish mower and a Mott flail.   I mow something on the order of 20 acres...some of which is "yard",  some of which is pasture, some of which is low land, bordered by a  creek.
  JM

"Nadzam, John [MCCUS]" <JNADZAM at MCCUS.JNJ.COM> wrote:  My Kid brother (32), who just built a house on 11 acres in Vermont is on the
fence about buying an old tractor to mow and move snow.  He is unsure about
the reliability/value of getting a 30+ year old tractor. and doesn't' want
to spend a lot of money  Even after he got my $500 20+ year old truck stuck
in the mud and I pulled it our with my $1500 50+ year old Cub (twice).

Anybody got any ideas?
Anybody got any Cub lowboy's (or similar) for sale near Montpelier, Vt.?

John Nadzam (jnadzam at mccus.jnj.com)
51 Cub
51 M
54 SH