[AT] DOT Question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Dec 25 15:36:10 PST 2006

I went to the site and could not find anything that related to
agricultural vehicles not engaged in interstate commerce. I guess I am
concerned about my F350 mason dump truck with "farmer" tags and a 7000#
trailer with a CGW rating of 10,000 pounds. I have driven several times
across state lines to fetch antique tractors and have never been
stopped. I have been passed by many a trooper who never seemed to give
me so much as a glance. Nor has the NJ DMV asked for a DOT number when I
renewed my tags (although they do require a certificate from the Farm
Bureau). But I would hate to find myself in big trouble because I
neglected to get a DOT number. Where did you find the reference to
agricultural vehicles, Steve?

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil,
that good may come of it.
-William Penn, Quaker, founder of Pennsylvania (1644-1718)