[AT] FORD 6000 arrived tonight!

joehardy at epix.net joehardy at epix.net
Sat Dec 23 18:22:35 PST 2006

Francis: As I read & re-read the shop manual before this tractor arrived, it was apparent to me that the Select -O-Speed design was not the best approach. Its proper operation depended on too many adjustments, both mechanical and hydraulic which all had to be just right in order for proper tractor operation. At this stage of my experience with this machine, I'm not going to "jerry rig" anything; however, thank you for your suggestion. I always enjoy reading your replies to various messages and have a warm heart for Indiana since I spent 3 years up at Angola getting a mechanical engineering degree at Tri-State University. May you and your family have a meaningful Christmas and a new year filled with lots more tired iron!Joe Hardisky