[AT] antifreeze

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sat Dec 9 22:23:54 PST 2006

On Saturday 09 December 2006 23:51, Larry D Goss wrote:
> I'm kind of blinking my eyes in disbelief that anti-freeze has to be added
> to a remote furnace system.  I'm not getting some part of the message.  The
> system I helped install 49 years ago is still operating in northern Indiana
> and it has no anti-freeze in it.  Makeup water is plumbed directly from the
> well.

What happens when the owners of that system go on vacation when it is -20 all
week?    Something is needed to keep the water in the system from freezing.

Makeup water is not the issue.   (though a system shouldn't need any unless
you open the system)

I'm not an expert on these systems.    I know that some systems at least
require anti-freeze, but I don't know how all of them work, so I can't say
why the system you mentioned does not.