[AT] firewood

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Dec 1 11:23:52 PST 2006

The Emerald Ash Borer is a little flying critter that is only about a half
inch long.  We have sickly mosquitoes that are bigger.

The hardwood quarantine has already hit Indiana growers big time.  There was
an article in the paper this week about an interview with a tree farmer who
has 70 acres of Ash.  The restricted shipping rules cut their profits by
about 50%.  Out-of-state companies paid a lot more money for the wood than
the local ones did.

Larry