[Farmall] Farmall H Quits

keith murphy kmurphy777 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 10:48:16 PDT 2006

Hi,

  I have a Farmall H and have recently replaced the magneto and fuel bowl but my tractor runs for about 15 minutes and then just dies. I guess I am in for a carb rebuild now and was wondering what else I could be looking at.  The tractor ran fine, the mag died and it was a few months before I replaced it.  I am guessing that there is old gas residue in the carb and that is my latest problem.  I did not have fuel stabalizer in it - but have put some in since I changed the mag and the fuel bowl.

  I probably need to put a timing light on it as well. I sent away for a maintenance manual which should be here soon.

  Any other tips appreciated.

Thanks,
  Keith
Farmall mailing list