[AT] 90wt oil

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Aug 21 11:21:09 PDT 2006

Well Clint,,,, I checked again and here is what I read, copied from another
member's posting....
The ford 9n, 2n, and 8n were spec'ed using a 90wt mineral oil for the
transmission. rear end, and hydaulic pump common sump.  Closest we have to
that today is 90wt gear oil, gl1 or gl3.  Napa and walmart sell the gl1..
and TSC / traveler sells a oil marked for ford trannies 39-52.. it's
arguably a gl/3 oil/

To me that sounds like a  recommendation for  #90 oil for the hyd system.
Not saying I believe everything I read here though.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/