[AT] 90wt oil

Clint D driggars at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 21 12:09:13 PDT 2006

Ralph

You are right , as far as the internal hyd for the lift, that is run
inside the tranny.

But the main hydraulic systems to day and transmissions are not designed
for 90 Wt

if they were then that is what they would call for, instead they call
for the TCH fluid, which is like a 10WT in trans and hydraulics

I think we all maybe saying the same thing, but I got on track of
thinking the discussion was using 90 wt oil in all hydraulics systems,
LOL  Not the topic of the older prewar manual machines and some after war.

 and also someone mentioned, someplace in the changes from the 50's,
some called for 30 wt oils

I know I have a friend that is almost 90 that uses 30 wt in everything,
and I mean everything, doesnt matter to him, old, new, in between,
trans, power steering, hyd's engines, etc LOL

My original comment made was only speaking of out typical hyd systems of
the modern age, so my comment was probably sort of not in line with the
original topic.

Clint

Ralph Goff wrote:

>Well Clint,,,, I checked again and here is what I read, copied from another
>member's posting....
>The ford 9n, 2n, and 8n were spec'ed using a 90wt mineral oil for the
>transmission. rear end, and hydaulic pump common sump.  Closest we have to
>that today is 90wt gear oil, gl1 or gl3.  Napa and walmart sell the gl1..
>and TSC / traveler sells a oil marked for ford trannies 39-52.. it's
>arguably a gl/3 oil/
>
>To me that sounds like a  recommendation for  #90 oil for the hyd system.
>Not saying I believe everything I read here though.
>
>Ralph in Sask.
>http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/

--------------020909020708040208070505

<head>
</head>
Ralph<br>
You are right , as far as the internal hyd for the lift, that is run
inside the tranny. <br>
But the main hydraulic systems to day and transmissions are not
designed for 90 Wt<br>
if they were then that is what they would call for, instead they call
for the TCH fluid, which is like a 10WT in trans and hydraulics<br>
I think we all maybe saying the same thing, but I got on track of
thinking the discussion was using 90 wt oil in all hydraulics systems,
LOL  Not the topic of the older prewar manual machines and some after
war.<br>
 and also someone mentioned, someplace in the changes from the 50's,
some called for 30 wt oils<br>
I know I have a friend that is almost 90 that uses 30 wt in everything,
and I mean everything, doesnt matter to him, old, new, in between,
trans, power steering, hyd's engines, etc LOL<br>
My original comment made was only speaking of out typical hyd systems
of the modern age, so my comment was probably sort of not in line with
the original topic.<br>
Clint<br>
  <pre wrap="">Well Clint,,,, I checked again and here is what I read, copied from another

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/">http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/</a>