[AT] Misc Stuff (was test)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Apr 24 21:03:57 PDT 2006

Hi Al
I'm still questioning my decisiion to walk away from that hundred dollar
Loadstar. Just the two exhaust manifolds would be worth the price in parts.
I guess the mud and the cold dampened my normal enthusiasm .
Hope to see some pictures of your thresher in operation this fall after that
good crop of oats.
I have already cleaned my seed oats using the vintage hand powered machine
that my grandfather used many years ago. Lucky I only seed about 15 acres a
year as it is a long enough job  to crank 30 plus bushels through that
little roller mill. I don't even know what the variety of oats is anymore as
it has been on the farm for a good many years. Seems to grow well and
produce a good yield with fairly good straw strength too. I mostly always
swath them a bit green to cure in the swath before combiining although last
year I did leave a small patch standing and tried straight cutting.
Surprisingly it worked very well.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/