[AJD] 530 P/S Pump Pulley

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 18:02:26 PDT 2006

Getting back to work on my 530 and have a question about the pulley on the fan shaft.  I got the P/S pump rebuilt back together and slipped the pulley back on the splined shaft. The movement of the pulley on the splined shaft is what I feel excessive. It appears that both the pulley and shaft splines are worn. Can I use Locktite to take up some of the play or possibly some PC 7 or do you guys have some other suggestions?  Absent any quick fix, a new pulley would reduce the play by about half would that cause any problems..

  Thanks

  Ken Jones

  '59 - 530
  '47 - M