[AT] Misc Stuff (was test)

Al Walker alwalker at gvtel.com
Mon Apr 24 20:05:54 PDT 2006

I guess I'm kind of lucky that I don't have a long-distance tractor
hauling rig.  I'd be so very tempted to wander over to your
neck-of-the-woods with it and not come home empty handed.  Of course,
the petrol situation would also be a factor, even if I had a
long-distance rig. Not many auctions of that caliber around here.  Oh
well . . .

I consoled myself by preparing the field and planting my oats crop for
the year.  It's 3-4 weeks early so I went with a later maturing variety
called Ebeltoft. I had planted it two years ago and it produced really
well with good straw strength. It was great for binding. I planted
Killdeer last year, which was supposed to be even better. It was not
good for me. Much weaker straw, lighter kernels, and lower yield. Now,
if Mother Nature will cooperate, we'll be cranking up the thresher again
this fall.

 Al in NW MN