[AT] NH 376

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Apr 14 12:38:17 PDT 2006

On 14 Apr 2006 at 10:08, Dan Folske wrote:

> I have had a JD 24T for several years but last fall a chain tightener
> came off, the chain jumped, got out of time and the needles were in the
> knotters when the plunger hit them. Busted both needles and one of the
> knotter frames.

    I'm not familiar with the JD balers, can't afford the green paint...   :-)   But our
 old IHC baler has a set of positive stops that raise up when the needles
start moving and drop back down when the needles have lowered clear of
the bale chamber. As long as that mechanism is working properly there is
no way that the plunger can hit the needles in or out of time. When they
lock the plunger it shears off a small shear pin at the flywheel. Does the
JD have anything like that? I don't recall my old 62-T Oliver or the old
55-T IHC.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA