[AT] NH 376

Dan Folske dfolske at nccray.net
Fri Apr 14 08:08:34 PDT 2006

I already found a parts manual and a New Holland Square Baling Field
Guide on Ebay. I have not yet found an operators manual for this baler.
I have had a JD 24T for several years but last fall a chain tightener
came off, the chain jumped, got out of time and the needles were in the
knotters when the plunger hit them. Busted both needles and one of the
knotter frames. I've talked with several people who have had both 24T's
and then replaced them with New Holland models like a 275 or 276. Most
seem to think that the NH models were a little less finicky when hay
conditions changed. I'm not sure why but I hope that is true. I suspect
that it relates to the feeding forks instead of the auger.