[AT] Economy Jim Dandy

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Tue Apr 4 04:42:20 PDT 2006

I'm betting the farm, so to speak, this is what has occurred since
it's obviously a common wear problem. My late father-in-law used this
tractor extensively on his large garden plots over the years, and that
old transmission and shift point endured tens of thousands of
maneuvers. Once it warms up (we have snow on the ground this morning)
I'll be able to start repairs. Surprisingly, other than the shift
wear, the tractor is in very good condition overall - engine, drive
train, bearings, etc. Other than lubing, carb adjustment and cleaning,
all I've done for replacements is put new tires on it two years ago. I
was considering investigating the chances of installing a PTO on it
for tow mowing in my back-40, but haven't done so yet.

Bob