[AT] Economy Jim Dandy

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Apr 4 05:29:48 PDT 2006

With only 14 hp at your disposal, even if you could rig up a PTO shaft
somehow, you couldn't to a whole lot to clear the "back 40". If you want
to use the Jim Dandy that way, I suggest a tow-behind self powered mower
like a Swisher or Agri-Fab.

Mike

Bob McNitt wrote:
> I'm betting the farm, so to speak, this is what has occurred since
> it's obviously a common wear problem. My late father-in-law used this
> tractor extensively on his large garden plots over the years, and that
> old transmission and shift point endured tens of thousands of
> maneuvers. Once it warms up (we have snow on the ground this morning)
> I'll be able to start repairs. Surprisingly, other than the shift
> wear, the tractor is in very good condition overall - engine, drive
> train, bearings, etc. Other than lubing, carb adjustment and cleaning,
> all I've done for replacements is put new tires on it two years ago. I
> was considering investigating the chances of installing a PTO on it
> for tow mowing in my back-40, but haven't done so yet.
>
> Bob

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible,
but man´s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary."
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971), US theologian.